Monday, February 15, 2016

Rurouni Kenshin Series 1 Plush Banpresto 1996 UFO Catcher Prize

This Rurouni Kenshin plush set of 5 was released by Banpresto in 1996. It features battousai, Kaoru, Kenshin, Yahiko and Sanosuke. The set is very cute and one of the things I like about it is the materials are the kind that age very well. There's no coated fabrics, and all the plush look new!



We'll start by looking at the Hirokiri Battousai!!





He is so cute!! Angry, but not scary haha. He's simple but he's got good proportions and I think the first Kenshin set is better than the second in this aspect. I remember the Kenshins from this set being much more sought after than most of the other plush in the series ^_^;;




Winking Kenshin is adorable, but mine is missing his tag. I like his darker kimono, I suppose this color was chosen to help differentiate from battousai...



Kaoru, in a yellow kimono looking sunny. I like her outfit and her bow tie in the back. 



Sano, looking grumpy? Badass? With a fishbone in his mouth and trademark kanji on his back.



Yahiko is interesting, I like his patterns and the fact that his sword is made out of a hard plastic, not something coated or double glued!


No comments:

Post a Comment