Monday, July 16, 2012

Hana Yori Dango / Boys Over Flowers UFO Plush Banpresto 1997

I'm back from a trip to Japan! Amazing place, so sad to leave. Thanks to everyone who emailed me for being patient until I returned. :-)

Someone had e-mailed me about the Hana Yori Dango plush set from 1997, and I took pictures and am posting them here for reference. HYD holds a very very special place in my heart, and it took me a while to get this full set, it's pretty hard to find. Shizuka alone remained nearly impossible for me to get, and became a 'holy grail' for me of sorts. I finally managed to obtain her, and I will remember her very fondly.

Let's start with the heroine, shall we?


Makino Tsukushi! Actually very cute in person. She is a bit shorter than the rest of the guys, around 6"-6.5". These plush are old, and have 'loopy material' for the faces, instead of a felt. (SOLD $65)


And Makino's man, Tsukasa Domyouji. Not sure about those white shoes, though! XD Love that they left in his lower eyelashes, priceless. (SOLD $65)


Hanazawa Rui. Fair to say he's wearing a rather 'Rui' expression. I always really loved the voice they gave him in the anime <3


Akira Mimasaka. I honestly didn't know his last name until just now. I have to admit that I am still slowly collecting the HYD manga since some volumes became hard to find, I haven't read to the end yet so I only have anime knowledge and a 14 volumes of manga read. I think he becomes a bigger character along with Sojirou, but I'm not sure...? (SOLD $40)


Sojirou Nishikado, looking about as he should. (SOLD $40)


Shizuka Todou. My holy grail. So cute in her white dress, and I always thought that if I hadn't known better, I would never have been able to identify what series this plush is from. Interesting fact about the Hana Yori Dango tush tags is that they've got a little drawing of the plush on it, as well as the name of the series. It's actually quite cute! (SOLD $45)


Full cast. I really like pictures of the whole set, it's nice to see them together :-)

Contact / Inquiries

No comments:

Post a Comment